Hourly metering is usually needed by customers that are large-scale electricity users, or by customers that want to monitor their electricity usage more closely.
The place of electricity use shall have energy metering by the hour, when:
- the size of the main fuse is over 3 x 63 A, or
- the customer wants to monitor its electricity usage more closely.
An exception from the 3 x 63 A rule is possible, if
- electricity purchasing is not put out to competitive tender and if the contract on connecting the place of electricity use to the electricity network has been concluded before 1 January 2005, or
- annual electricity consumption in the place of electricity use is max. 5,000 kWh
Metering by the hour is implemented using Helen Sähköverkko Oy’s standard solution* including an hourly metering device equipped with a GSM connection and possibly also an external GSM antenna, if needed. A data line for an hourly metering device may also be implemented using the customer’s telecommunication connection, provided that the data line is suitable for the hourly metering device used at any given time.
* Owing to the rapid development of remote reading of meters and metering technology, the method of transferring data at any given time may vary according to region.
If, in your building, hourly metering is not only needed for recording electricity billing information, but also for recording other quantities (e.g. the consumption of district heat, district cooling and water), we kindly ask you to contact our cooperation partner Mitox Oy. Mitox Oy has versatile MeMe (MultiEnergyMetering) metering solutions for metering implementation in buildings.
Charges will be according to a valid price list
Form for ordering hourly metering (pdf)
Remote reading and services
Telephone: 09 6863 6789